Parallel Character LCDs, VFDs and PLEDs
Alphanumeric Display Modules
• Our parallel displays come in many different sizes ranging from 1 lines
x 8 characters to 4 lines x 40 characters.
• Alphanumeric or high-speed Graphic LCD
• Color LCD options available are white, yellow-green, amber, red, green
• Can operate in temperatures from 0 to +50 degrees C in the the normal
range and -20 to +70 C in the extended temperature range.
• Voltage available: 5.0V (and some 3.3V)
• Contrast control with STN (Supertwisted Nematic) or FSTN (Film-compensated
• 2 light transmission modes available:
Transmissive - Transmissive LCDs have a transparent rear polarizer and do not
reflect ambient light. A backlight is required and will work best in low light
Transflective - Transflective LCDs are a mixture of reflective and transmissive
types with the rear polarizer having partial reflectivity and combined with a
backlight. Can be operated in direct sunlight without loss of clarity.
Reflective - By combining a reflector with the rear polarizer, ambient light
is used to illuminate the display in reflective mode. It works best in an outdoor
or well-lit office environment.
• Operational Life: LED backlights offer a long operating life - 50,000
hours minimum. The advantages of LED backlighting are its low cost, long life,
immunity to vibration,
low operational voltage, and precise control over its intensity.
• Wide variety of fonts available from Hebrew to Cyrillic to European
• Other parallel displays available: Vacuum Fluorescent (VF.D) and Polymeric
Emitting Diodes (PLED)
|Add our economical
serial X-board to
one of our parallel displays and you can save both time and money in
2005-07-29 10:51 AM